Our k2 crew and friends Holiday Cookie Exchange is this Sunday at the studio, so we have been sharing our favorite tasty treat recipes and ideas with each other. Here are a cookie/cocktail winning combo I wanted to share with our readers. Enjoy!
Santa’s Sleigh Cocktail
from the Food Network
White sugar crystals, preferably coarse
2 cups store-bought eggnog, chilled
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 cinnamon sticks
Dampen the rims of 4 martini glasses and then line the rims with sugar crystals.
Combine eggnog, brandy, amaretto, nutmeg, and ice cream in a blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture into martini glasses and garnish each glass with a whole cinnamon stick.
Eggnog Chai Sugar Cookies
originally from Southern Living magazine, with personal adaptations
1 chai tea bag (black)
1 (15 1/2-17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 large egg
6 tablespoons eggnog, divided
1 cup powdered sugar (confectioner’s)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
1. Preheat oven to temperature specified on cookie mix package (usually 350-375F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Remove tea leaves from teabag, discard tea bag.
3. Mix together sugar cookie mix, tea leaves, melted butter, egg and 2 T. eggnog until well blended.
4. Drop by half tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
5. Dip the bottom of a glass into cinnamon sugar and lightly press onto top of each cookie.
6. Bake as instructed on package, cool completely on wire racks.
7. Combine powdered sugar, nutmeg, and 3-4 T. eggnog to make icing.
8. Frost each cookie.